My passion in life is to be a lazy house mouse. One who cooks, cleans, sews, and helps everyone else in the house get done what they need to get done. There are plenty of reasons for my realization of this passion. Here are a few:
- I genuinely disliked 80% of the 15 jobs I’ve held since high school
- I genuinely disliked 99.9% of the people I’ve encountered in my life.
- I love being in a house all day
- I enjoy sprucing things up
- Household deadlines (like Christmas, birthday parties, and making dinner) don’t stress me out much at all
- I can wear whatever clothing I feel like wearing
- I don’t have to think about what I look like
- Dressing up is rare and fun
- I eat healthier food at home than in restaurants
- I do work solely for people I actually care about
The list could probably keep going on and on, but the main point comes down to proximity. There are no beds to relax on in an office. Whereas in a house, I can choose a variety of different rooms and outdoor spaces to make myself comfortable in while I get my work done.
Being a House Mouse shouldn’t be confused with being a House Wife. No, no, no. A House Mouse earns a living separate from anyone else in the house whereas a House Wife is a slave (once removed) to the husband’s place of employment. For example, if a Husband only gets two weeks of vacation per year, the wife most likely only goes on vacation two weeks in that year as well. Whereas a House Mouse is free to take as much vacation as her House Mousing allows.